Saturday, September 12, 2015

Fabulous Fall Colours at Di's Digis

Well here I am... the Deep South of New Zealand DOES have internet connectivity; albeit expensive and a bit flaky, lol.  So I get to publish my card "personally" instead of scheduling... here it is.
The new challenge theme starting today at Di's Digis Challenge is "Fabulous Fall Colours"... we don't have a 'big' autumn in Perth; having a temperate climate, yet autumn is my favourite season.  My card is one I made for my Dad for Father's Day... celebrated last weekend in Australia.  It's an easel card, of course, I love them and so does Dad
Dad's 86 and doesn't need the beer that this little cutie (Siesta Time, available here) has in his hand to drop off into a little slumber, what he needs is the opportunity... my Mum is (at 85) still VERY active and looks on with disdain when Dad drops off, so this sentiment (from Create with TLC) is a little tongue in cheek! 
I coloured the image with Copics and Prismacolor pencils... as I do, lol... and added some gloss to the beer bottle and bear's nose.  Second card in a row that I'm happy with the colouring on :-))  It's much more subtle in real life, like I said I'm happy with it.
The papers are from Kaisercraft's Up, Up and Away collection; I think these colours are great for guys, AND autumn!  Goes well with Kraft too.  
I've been eyeing off those wavy dies (Lawn Fawn's Hillside Stitched Borders) for some time, especially on Annette's blog :-) and finally got me some.  I'm so glad I did, they cut SO beautifully and the set of four gives some variation.  I raised the little hills up on foam dots, looks good IRL, adds to the "scene" feel. 
The circles were cut and embossed with my much-loved Lifestyle Crafts circle dies.  It doesn't really show in the pics but I inked around the edges with a copper die, it gives a nice vintage feel.
I didn't quite have enough of the patterned paper for the back or base of the card, not without having the front of the card laying almost flat at least, so I added a few layers of kraft and brown with those yummy border dies ...and I like it, lol 
The string is from my stash, as is the Card Candi.  I made the Happy Father's Day sentiment on the computer, in fonts to (at least try) to match the main sentiment.
That's it!  
Pop over to Di's Digis Challenge blog and check out the rest of the team's work... very nice autumn colours on show.  Hope you get a chance to enter the challenge, even if it's not autumn but spring like it is here in Aussie, lol.  Great prize on offer as always, and don't forget if you use one of Di's images there's extra opportunities, yeehaw!
I would like to enter the following challenges:

Sparkles Monthly Challenge More than One Fold 
Little Red Wagon Use a Digi 
Gem of a Challenge Boys, Boys, Boys 
Without Words For the Boys 
Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge Hats 
Moving Along With The Times  Cute Animal 
Addicted to  Stamps Die Cuts 
As You Like It Favourite Die Cut and Why (like I said; the border dies 'coz they're new, cut well and give a bit of variation to a border, but my Lifestyle Circles because there's so many in the set I can make a big range of sizes and wide or narrow mats)
Craft Your Passion Anything Goes 
Art by Miran Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown Anything Goes
Clear It Out Anything Goes
Cuttlebug Mania Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments Anything Goes
Catch The Bug Anything Goes
Cute As A Button Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet Anything Goes
I'll be back shortly with another card from my drafts... provided I have internet coverage of course, lol.  Meanwhile, until next time from VERY COLD New Zealand (well 8 degrees Celcius IS very cold compared to Perth, lol) Happy Crafting, Donna

30 comments:

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

What a sweetie Donna, lovely card in beautiful colours.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt ATSC)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a cute image and so beautifully coloured and laid out. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

JanR said...

Ha! That's good advice! Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Unknown said...

Very cute card, Donna!

Elaine Stark said...

This is so cute. I love the colours and the sentiment. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Cynthia said...

This is such a sweet image and great easel card, Donna. Fabulous coloring of the image. I'm sure your Dad will love this! Thanks so much for joining the September Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug. Hope to see you again this week!

Jacee said...

Wonderful design Donna, so cute!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Fikreta said...

Your card is gorgeous !
Thank you for joining us at craft your passion !
Good Luck and hope to see you again.
Fiki DT member

Francesca Lopez said...

Donna, an absolutely gorgeous card. I love everythingvabout it! Thank you for joining us at Cute As A Button Stamps challenge. Please join us again! I also invite you to join our Facebook Group for more chances to win free digis https://www.facebook.com/groups/CuteAsAButtonDigiStamps/.

Unknown said...

Oh my, this is so cute! I love the colors and design, and the image is so sweet! Thank you for joining our challenge at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

~ginny said...

What a great card Donna! Love the beautiful coloring! Your blending and the highlights are wonderfully done. The design is a great male card - love the knot in the twine and the curvy cut of the bottom papers. Sentiment is perfect for the occasion - well done lady! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our ATG challenge!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...


Thank you for taking part in our art by miran challenge,
I very much enjoyed looking at your project and all
the time and detail you put into it, good luck hugs tracy

Kelly Schelske said...

Donna this is fabulous! I love that sweet image and your card layout is wonderful!

Hugs,
Kelly

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Cazro said...

A brilliant card, I love the choice of colours and the colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Caz DT

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And agree - a nap sounds good! Your coloring is wonderful and the easel is perfect! Thanks for joining the Anything goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet this week!
Lyn

Di said...

Totally adorable card! Wonderful image and a perfect design too!

Hugs

Di xx

Cuttlebug Mania DT

MaxiBelle Studio said...

A delightfully adorable card. Thanks for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge #40.
Alicia (Art by Miran DT)
MaxiBelle Studio

Lisa Mensing said...

Too much cuteness at once! I love the image and you colored it perfectly. Don't you just love those papers. I have them in my stash, too. Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out's ATG challenge. Lisa DT

Creaine said...

Wow Donna I really love this card and the way you've coloured it! nice work!
Thanks for joining us at Cute as a Button. Good luck.
bye Ine (DT)
http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

Lynsey said...

Great card! Thanks for joining in with a Gem of a Challenge this time!
Hugs Lynsey x

Denise Goeldner said...

Wow Donna, this is a smashing card, love the colour combo, design and image, all beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise ~
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

Rae Ann said...

Love the colors on this card and the star card candi is awesome! Such a great masculine card.

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is a beautiful project with wonderful attention to detail and perfect for our 17th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,100 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Christina Hor said...

What an amazing easel birthday card for your sweet dad Donna. You did magic with your coloring of this adorable image. Just stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Without Words and a very happy birthday to your dad Donna.

Christina Hor
GDT - Without Words
memoriescrafter.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Marjeta said...

Congratulation for your win. This is realy super image. But most of all I am thrilled on sentiment.

Marjeta

Lori Turner said...

What an adorable card!! I love these papers, the image and those wave dies are awesome! Thanks for joining us at AYLI for our challenge - good luck! xoxox

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a fabulous card! I love everything about it...the dies, the wonderfully colored image, brad placement, twine....fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments, hope to see you again next challenge!
Jennifer, DT

Pam said...

Love this darling card! The little image is just adorable!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Annette said...

Gorgeous masculine card, and I love the sentiment!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Lili of the Valley,
Without Words Challenge
In The Pink Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.